Verein Forum Ahnen-DB Chroniken

Genealogie-Forum Bayern

Ahnenforschung, Familienforschung und Heimatkunde

Genealogie-Forum für die Landkreise und kreisfreien Städte in Bayern

FAQFAQ   RegelnRegeln   SucheSuche   MitgliederlisteMitgliederliste   BenutzergruppenBenutzergruppen   ChatraumChatraum
DownloadsDownloads   Bayern-KarteBayern-Karte   KalenderKalender   Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   PortalPortal
ProfilProfil   EinstellungenEinstellungen   Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesenEinloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen   LoginLogin    RegistrierenRegistrieren

Schon gewusst ...
 ... dass die Beiträge auch von Suchmaschinen erfasst und gefunden werden können?  

Foren-Index » Genealogie in Bayern - Bavarian genealogy » Unterfranken » Aschaffenburg
Endres Family from Mombris
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen Seite 1 von 1 [8 Beiträge] Das Thema als ungelesen markieren
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen - Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Anmerkung
Carl Endres

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi, 22. Feb 2017 23:16 
Titel: Endres Family from Mombris
Antworten mit Zitat Beitrag speichern Diese Nachricht und die Folgenden als ungelesen markieren

I am seeking help in finding any information regarding my Great Great Grandfather and his family, who lived in Mombris Germany right before they immigrated to the USA.

I have been able to find the entire families genealogy in the USA, including their arrival information into Castle Garden in New York City. They lived in Faribault,Rice County,Minnesota
for their remaining life. The father, Mother and two youngest children came on one ship. The 2 older sons each immigrated separately on different ships.

My biggest obstacle is that I do not know the wife's maiden name. I do know that the last place they lived in Germany is Mombris, but I cannot say for sure if marriage occurred there.

The family is Catholic.

I hope to find any of the following

1) Maiden name of Elizabeth UPDATE Maiden Name is KERN
2) Marriage date / parents names of Both George and Elizabeth
3) Birth dates of Marie.
4) Some kind of Census or city directory that would show the family together

Let me provide as much information as possible.

Immigration information for George,Elizabeth,Marie and Michael
(arrival to New York City -castlegarden) - Date May 24,1884. Port of Departure Bremen,Germany and Southampton,England. Ship name- Eider

Father

George Endres
Birth 8/10 1825 (In Germany)
Death 4/17/1915 (In USA

Mother

Elizabeth Kern Endres
Birth 5/16/1835 (In Germany)
Death Aug 16, 1900 (In USA)

Daughter

Marie Theresa Endres

Birth January,1867 (Mombris,Germany)
Death April,12,1929 (In USA)

Son

Michael Sebastion Endres

Birth June 28,1871 (Mombris,Germany)
Death November 11,1953 (In USA)

Son

John S. Endres

Immigration information for John S.Endres
(arrival to New York City- Castlegarden) - Date October 6,1884. Port of Departure Bremen,Germany. Ship name- General Werder

Birth January 20,1862) (Mombris,Germany)
Death April 22,1937 (In USA)

Son

Godfrey Raymond Endres

Immigration information for Godfrey Raymond Endres
(arrival to New York City-Castlegarden) - Date August 30,1884. Port of Departure Bremen,Germany. Ship name- ELBIE

Birth July 20,1864 (Mombris,Germany)
Death January 4,1956 (In USA)

Any Help you can offer would be very much appreciated.

Zuletzt bearbeitet von Carl Endres am Do, 23. März 2017 04:28, insgesamt 2-mal bearbeitet
Benutzer-Profil anzeigen Private Nachricht senden
Peter Obermayer

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa, 25. Feb 2017 00:03 
Titel: Re: Endres Family from Mombris
Antworten mit Zitat Beitrag speichern Diese Nachricht und die Folgenden als ungelesen markieren

hello Carl,
you should request for baptism records of the older children, e.g. for Maria Theresia Endres.
Such a record contains the mothers maden name in most cases.
Mömbris (Moembris) belongs to the catholic diocese Würzburg, please write to the following adress:

Archiv des Bistums Würzburg

Domerschulstr. 17
97070 Würzburg

E-Mail: abbw(at)bistum-wuerzburg.de

best regards
Peter
Carl Endres

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa, 25. Feb 2017 14:38 

@Peter Obermayer

I really appreciate your reply, at least it begins to give me some hope.

I have only been doing genealogy work on my family for a couple months, but I have been very surprised on what what I have been able to find so far, at least within the USA.

As much as I want to jump right in and write the Archdioceses, I feel like I should turn to more experienced Genealogists such as yourself, for some additional recommendations. I feel like I will only have one attempt at requesting the information.

1) Because I do not speak or read German, I really want to make sure that I properly request the records in a correct and understandable way.

2) Do you or others at the forum, feel like I should provide all of the family members information, or just take one person and request Baptism information?

3) I see you have provided an email address, Do the places that hold these records usually reply back to Emails? and are the church records held in a digital format?

4) Can anyone post an example of how a request such as this should be written? Maybe I could copy and paste it and just change the names and dates for my family.

Again thank you very much for your advice, and recommendations.
Peter Obermayer

BeitragVerfasst am: So, 26. Feb 2017 15:03 

hello Carl,

simply send your request (by letter) in english, i'm shure there is someone in the staff of the archive, who understands it.
I have no personal experience with the archive in Wuerzburg, I think they will not send the search results via Email.
But, probably you will receive the invoice in advance by Email, and afterwards (after payment) they send the results of the research on an official paper. This is the procedure, i'm used with other archives.

therefore, end your letter with a sentence like this: .......
'please send by Email an invoice, covering fees and additional expeses, and specify the methode of payment.'

I wish you success!
best regards
Peter
Carl Endres

BeitragVerfasst am: Di, 28. Feb 2017 17:31 

Thank You Peter again for your reply

I will write regarding the archive in Wuerzburg.

Do you think I would get some kind of confirmation that they actually have the records? I would be hesitant to pay in advance, unless I know they actually have the records for the family members I am seeking.

I would like to also continue other searches for the family. Does anyone have any links to specific data bases I should check based on their place of residence (Mombris)? Looking for anything that might show the family together in a census or city directory type document. All info I have points to Mombris as both birth and last place of residence prior to immigrating in 1884
Carl Endres

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa, 18. März 2017 22:51 

An update and a question.... I was able to find out the maiden name of Elizabeth Endres. Her Maiden name is Kern. I updated the information in the first post.

Peter mentioned that church records are held at the archdioceses in Wuerzburg.

1) How would you determine where civil records for Mombris are archived? Census /residence info / Military ect. I know the family lived in Mombris at least from 1863-1883.

2) Maybe there are things I don't realize what I should be looking for. Certain types of documents that would prove they lived in Mombris.

Any thoughts of this would be much appreciated.
Peter Obermayer

BeitragVerfasst am: So, 19. März 2017 21:13 

hello Carl,

Relatively late, in the year 1876 the civil registration offices (Standesamt) were established in Bavaria.
The only official source for census- and registraton informations before 1876 are the church records.

Perhaps you can get information about your ancestors after 1876 from the Standesamt in Mömbris.
Use the following link to the homepage of the municipality of Mömbris

https://www.moembris.de/formulare/index.php?form_id=425

The next link brings you to the homepage of an active genealogist in the area of Mömbris.
(i found there some 'Kern').. could be usefull to contact Mr. Heininger.

www.ahnenforschung-heininger.de

best regards
Peter
Carl Endres

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo, 20. März 2017 14:12 

Thank you very much for the links and information Peter. I would like to ask you (and the forum) some additional questions on using these civil archives. I have to leave now, but I'll post the questions later. Thank you again for your help.
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen Seite 1 von 1 [8 Beiträge] Vorheriges Thema anzeigen - Nächstes Thema anzeigen

Alle Beiträge speichern
Foren-Index » Genealogie in Bayern - Bavarian genealogy » Unterfranken » Aschaffenburg
Gehe zu:  

Sie können keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Sie können auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Sie können Ihre Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Sie können Ihre Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Sie können an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.
Sie können keine Termine in diesem Forum eintragen.